BIO B12 + Folic Acid
We will process your order within 1-2 business days. In case of an unusual delay, you will be contacted via email. If you have not received your order confirmation within 48 hours of placing your order, please email us and we’ll be happy to forward the confirmation to you.
Lost and Damaged Items
www.thegoldenmeanwellness.com is not liable for any damages incurred during transit, and lies within the responsibility of Canada postal service. All purchases are made at the buyers’ own risk. The Golden Mean Wellness Shoppe does not assume any responsibility for lost or damaged packages. If you have a concern about your order, please contact us via e-mail. For administrative purposes, please do not return your product prior to contacting us. If you qualify for a refund or online credit, shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
For any questions or concerns please email email@example.com. Our customer service team is available Monday-Friday 10:00am – 6:00pm and Saturdays 10:00am - 3:00pm, weekends and holidays excluded. While we try to respond to all inquiries day of, some requests may take up to 48 hours to reply to.
To return or exchange a product, we recommend that you first email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Returns and exchanges must be submitted within 7 days of receiving your order. Please reference your tracking number to know what date your product arrived. All products must be unopened and in the same condition as you received it.
Please note that the original shipping fee is non-refundable. Please ship returned products to 150 King Street West, Kitchener, Ontario, N2G 1A6.
You will be responsible for any shipping costs when returning or exchanging items. Once the product has been received and is approved for return, you will be credited a full refund on your original method of payment, minus the original shipping cost. Once the refund has been approved, please allow up to 12 business days for the refund to appear on your card. For exchanges, please note that you will be charged an additional shipping fee for the exchanged product. The Golden Mean Wellness Shoppe is not responsible if packages are not received back to us. Please consider opting in with your shipping provider to track the package to ensure successful delivery.
Bio B12 + Folic Acid helps to prevent vitamin B12 deficiency, to form red blood cells, metabolize carbohydrates, fats, and proteins and helps reduce the risk of neural tube defects when taken daily prior to becoming pregnant and during early pregnancy.
60 chewable tablets
- High dose B12 formula with folic acid
- Helps to prevent vitamin B12 deficiency
- Helps to form red blood cells
- Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats, and proteins
- Helps reduce the risk of neural tube defects when taken daily prior to becoming pregnant and during early pregnancy
- Provides 1000 mcg of vitamin B12 and 400 mcg of folic acid per dose Bio B12 + Folic Acid includes a high dose of vitamin B12 to help support macronutrient metabolism and prevent vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Vitamin B12 is an important cofactor for two enzymatic reactions: 1) methylmalonyl-CoA mutase, which helps break down branch chain amino acids and odd numbered fatty acids; 2) methionine synthase, which is needed for methyl transfer reactions, including the folic acid-dependent conversion of homocysteine to methionine for protein production.
- Daily supplementation with 400 mcg of folic acid during the first trimester helps decrease neural tube defects by approximately 50%.
- As folic acid is a methyl group donor, research indicates that neural tube defects may result from impaired methylation. Similarly, decreases in the availability of vitamin B12 or folic acid lead to the accumulation of homocysteine, which may inhibit methyl transfer reactions.
- Vitamin B12 helps enhance methionine synthesis and increases the ability of folic acid to lower homocysteine levels for normal methyl metabolism.
- The vitamin is also required for the methylation of proteins involved in the synthesis and maintenance of myelin, and vitamin deficiencies can result in decreased production of myelin sheath, material needed for normal nervous system function.
- As methionine synthase is needed to form red blood cells, deficiencies in vitamin B12 have been associated with the production of abnormally large and irregularly shaped blood cells.
Each tablet contains:
Folate (folic acid)/ Folate 400 mcg
Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) 1000 mcg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Mannitol, maltodextrin, cellulose, stearic acid, natural cherry flavour, silica, carmine
Adults and Children (4 years and older): Chew one tablet daily or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner . Guaranteed to contain NO added wheat, yeast, gluten, soy, sodium, artificial flavouring, antimicrobial preservatives or dairy products . Ideal for vegetarians.