GLA 130 Primrose Oil
We will process your order within 1-2 business days. In case of an unusual delay, you will be contacted via email. If you have not received your order confirmation within 48 hours of placing your order, please email us and we’ll be happy to forward the confirmation to you.
Lost and Damaged Items
www.thegoldenmeanwellness.com is not liable for any damages incurred during transit, and lies within the responsibility of Canada postal service. All purchases are made at the buyers’ own risk. The Golden Mean Wellness Shoppe does not assume any responsibility for lost or damaged packages. If you have a concern about your order, please contact us via e-mail. For administrative purposes, please do not return your product prior to contacting us. If you qualify for a refund or online credit, shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
For any questions or concerns please email email@example.com. Our customer service team is available Monday-Friday 10:00am – 6:00pm and Saturdays 10:00am - 3:00pm, weekends and holidays excluded. While we try to respond to all inquiries day of, some requests may take up to 48 hours to reply to.
To return or exchange a product, we recommend that you first email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Returns and exchanges must be submitted within 7 days of receiving your order. Please reference your tracking number to know what date your product arrived. All products must be unopened and in the same condition as you received it.
Please note that the original shipping fee is non-refundable. Please ship returned products to 150 King Street West, Kitchener, Ontario, N2G 1A6.
You will be responsible for any shipping costs when returning or exchanging items. Once the product has been received and is approved for return, you will be credited a full refund on your original method of payment, minus the original shipping cost. Once the refund has been approved, please allow up to 12 business days for the refund to appear on your card. For exchanges, please note that you will be charged an additional shipping fee for the exchanged product. The Golden Mean Wellness Shoppe is not responsible if packages are not received back to us. Please consider opting in with your shipping provider to track the package to ensure successful delivery.
Primrose oil is derived from evening primrose, a yellow flowering herb native to the Americas. It is a natural source of omega-6 fatty acids that help to maintain optimal health. The structure and function of the skin, the largest organ in the body, is dependent on fatty acids.
90 softgel capsules
Omega-6 fatty acids for the maintenance of good health
- Provides 1920 mg of LA and 260 mg of GLA per daily dose
- Primrose oil is derived from evening primrose, a yellow flowering herb native to the Americas. It is a natural source of omega-6 fatty acids that help to maintain optimal health. The structure and function of the skin, the largest organ in the body, is dependent on fatty acids.
- LA accounts for approximately 12% of fatty acids in the skin. It is essential to maintain epidermal barrier integrity, which protects against environmental factors and the loss of electrolytes and water.
- Omega-6 fatty acid deficiencies have been associated with impaired epithelial cell function, including the loss of moisture in the skin and eyes.
- In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial, daily supplementation with primrose oil for three months significantly improved the firmness, elasticity and barrier function of the skin in adults with dry skin.
- Recent research indicates that long term primrose oil supplementation may be required to improve skin health as it takes over four weeks for skin cells to regenerate and for a new fatty acid equilibrium to be reached.
Each Capsule Contains
Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1.5 g
Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) Seed Oil 1300 mg
GLA (Gamma-Linolenic Acid) 130 mg
LA (Linoleic Acid) 960 mg
OA (Oleic Acid) 70 mg
PA (Palmitic Acid) 78 mg
Other ingredients: Gelatin, glycerin, purified water, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate
Take one capsule two times daily with meals or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Guaranteed to contain NO added wheat, yeast, gluten, artificial colouring or flavouring or dairy products. Ideal for vegetarians.