Kishu Binchotan Charcoal
We will process your order within 1-2 business days. In case of an unusual delay, you will be contacted via email. If you have not received your order confirmation within 48 hours of placing your order, please email us and we’ll be happy to forward the confirmation to you.
Lost and Damaged Items
www.thegoldenmeanwellness.com is not liable for any damages incurred during transit, and lies within the responsibility of Canada postal service. All purchases are made at the buyers’ own risk. The Golden Mean Wellness Shoppe does not assume any responsibility for lost or damaged packages. If you have a concern about your order, please contact us via e-mail. For administrative purposes, please do not return your product prior to contacting us. If you qualify for a refund or online credit, shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
For any questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our customer service team is available Monday-Friday 10:00am – 6:00pm and Saturdays 10:00am - 3:00pm, weekends and holidays excluded. While we try to respond to all inquiries day of, some requests may take up to 48 hours to reply to.
To return or exchange a product, we recommend that you first email us at email@example.com. Returns and exchanges must be submitted within 7 days of receiving your order. Please reference your tracking number to know what date your product arrived. All products must be unopened and in the same condition as you received it.
Please note that the original shipping fee is non-refundable. Please ship returned products to 150 King Street West, Kitchener, Ontario, N2G 1A6.
You will be responsible for any shipping costs when returning or exchanging items. Once the product has been received and is approved for return, you will be credited a full refund on your original method of payment, minus the original shipping cost. Once the refund has been approved, please allow up to 12 business days for the refund to appear on your card. For exchanges, please note that you will be charged an additional shipping fee for the exchanged product. The Golden Mean Wellness Shoppe is not responsible if packages are not received back to us. Please consider opting in with your shipping provider to track the package to ensure successful delivery.
Kishu Binchotan is a charcoal stick that has a negative ion charge that draws impurities and naturally enriches conventional tap water.
Kishu Binchotan is a finely crafted traditional activated charcoal made from Holm Oak, a hardwood native to the Wakayama prefecture in Japan. Its production dates back to the Tokugawa period (1603 - 1868) and the methods to produce it have remained unchanged over the years. During a two-week period skilled artisans carbonize the charcoal by heating it to 1200 oC then quickly cool it, a process formally called ‘nerashi’. Nerashi creates billions of cavities that give Kishu Binc hotan a negative ion charge that draws impurities and naturally enriches conventional tap water.
Kishu Binchotan Charcoal.
- Rinse Kishu Binchotan under cool running water and gently brush to remove any remaining ash
- Submerge Kishu Binchotan in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil
- Boil for 10 minutes to fully sterilize and remove any remaining ash
- Carefully remove Kishu Binchotan and allow it to cool
- Fill bottle or carafe 3⁄4 full with tap water and gently insert cooled Kishu Binchotan
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before enjoying your fresh, filtered mineral water
- Refill carafe or bottle with tap water as needed and store for at least two hours for optimal purification and enrichment (preferably overnight)
- To keep your Kishu Binchotan fully active and fresh we recommend boiling every week for five minutes to remove captured impurities
- When not in use store in a cool dry place and boil before reuse
- Kishu Binchotan will remain active for 1 – 3 months of daily use
- When your Kishu Binchotan is no longer active it can be reused to deodorize your refrigerator or crush it into pieces and mix with potting soil to neutralize its pH